Today I am doing a solo episode about link building. No matter what Google tries to do to devalue backlinks, they still remain an important factor in your ranking.
Getting high quality backlinks to your content is one of the more important factors is getting your content to rank. Buying links and acquiring links in shady ways is no way to go about this.
Today link building is a lot more like networking. In order to be effective, you have to do a little relationship building and digging, but the payoff can be well worth it.
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing podcast I talk about 3 of my favorite and not so well known ways to get links.
- Researching and pitching sites that link to competitors.
- Researching and pitching publishers of roundup style posts
- Building a link platform based on local strategic partners
I wrote in more depth on link building here if you would like to read as well as listen.
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- 3 tactics for growing your backlink count
- Tips to save time while link building
- How to beat your competitors by finding where their links are coming from
- How to find websites to be linking with
- Why backlinking is a form of networking
If you’re interested in reading more about this topic, check out our content community page here. Our latest eBook – Online Optimization: Get the Most Out of Your Website and Content as well as our entire library of eBooks is available for download for community members. Best of all – it’s completely free.
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is sponsored by Inbound.org, an online hub where marketers go to get better.
from Blog – Duct Tape Marketing http://www.ducttapemarketing.com/blog/the-secret-to-link-building/