Thursday, March 31, 2016

How Responding To My Yelp Reviews Helps Me Get More Business

Do you know the best way to respond to your online reviews? Good news: it’s not as complicated as you think. We’ve asked Julie Lim, the owner of top rated OC Wine Mart, to share her pro tips for responding to any type of review. Check out her expert advice below.

The Positive Review: Respond! Julie responds to all of her positive reviews, “I never ask for reviews, but when my customers take time to write me great reviews on Yelp, I send them a private message to tell them how much I appreciate it. Once in awhile, I’ll respond to good reviews publicly so potential customers looking at my page know that I care.”

The Negative Review: Dig, respond and act on it! When it comes to negative reviews, Julie stays calm, cool and collected, “I know I have a great business. I also know that behind every great business there are humans and we make human mistakes. So the first thing I do is use the private messaging tool to gather more information about why the reviewer is unhappy. While I am waiting for the user to respond, I also post a more generic public message. This way other potential customers know that I am listening to their feedback and that I genuinely want to make my customers happy. Once I have the details of what went wrong, I offer a solution based on the situation and invite the customer to come back. In my experience, about 30% of my negative reviews are updated to reflect the customer’s most recent experience with my business.”

The Non-Response: Only less than 10% of Julie’s reviews don’t get a response, “On those rare occasions when a review appears to be an unhelpful rant, I look at their user profile. If the majority of their reviews are negative, I know it’s not worth my time to respond. I also know my customers are smart enough to see the big picture when it comes to my overall star rating.”

Responding to your reviews encourages happy customers to become repeat spenders and unhappy customers to give you another try. So if you want more business by responding to your reviews, log into Yelp for Business Owners today.

The post How Responding To My Yelp Reviews Helps Me Get More Business appeared first on Yelp.



from Yelp https://www.yelpblog.com/2016/03/how-responding-to-my-yelp-reviews-helps-me-get-more-business
via Yelp Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment