Community building is a big deal – so are a lot of things, but there’s no question that building and taking care of a large community of folks that trust you is a great way to build a business.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Brian Clark, CEO of Rainmaker Digital, founder of Copyblogger, host of Unemployable, and curator of Further. He and I discuss a whole host of things including how to build a business, how to build a brand, and how to take care of a community
In January of 2006, Clark started a one-man blog, Copyblogger, which quickly evolved into an influential digital trade magazine for the online industry. Both the Guardian and Advertising Age have recognized Copyblogger as one of the most powerful and influential blogs in the world.
Copyblogger never took venture capital and made it to 8 figures in annual revenue without advertising. It’s the Copyblogger audience that has been the catalyst for the multimillion-dollar tools and training company that Clark heads today. It’s this success that’s made him one of the recognized pioneers of the $44 billion content marketing industry.
Questions I ask Brian Clark:
- What’s new at Copyblogger and Rainmaker that our listeners should be aware of?
- What will be the role of AI play with marketing in the future?
- What advice would you give somebody who wants to start a business online?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why just listening to what your audience wants can take you far in business
- Why it’s critical to document your strategy when starting a business online
- What Clark is most excited about when it comes to his business and marketing today
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Brian Clark:
- Learn more about Copyblogger.
- Learn more about Rainmaker Digital.
- Listen to Unemployable episodes.
- Learn more about Further.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Connect on LinkedIn.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
Are you an independent marketing consultant or an agency owner? If so, you may want to check out the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network. It is a growing group of independent marketing consultants and agencies that are partnering and collaborating using the Duct Tape Marketing tools, and really scaling their businesses. Check it out at ducttapemarketingconsultant.com.
from Duct Tape Marketing https://www.ducttapemarketing.com/take-care-community/