SEO can be overwhelming: You never know where to start.
Let’s take a breath and do something quick:
These small <title> tweaks can help you rank better
Most of the time, websites create their meta <title> templates and forget about them. Meta data is an easy thing to change and an easy thing to test if its working.
A small tweak here can help your rankings for primary and secondary terms targeted on a page and maybe even your CTR’s
- Do you include the same keyword twice in your <title>, try a synonymous phrase
- Are the same keywords heavily repeated across pages? Try to introduce a new <title> template to vary things up. If you’re not sure, try our free crawl tool to crawl your site and see patterns across <title>’s
- Are there any dynamic elements you can add to your title to make them more unique? One example is adding price or including counts of data.
Free On-page SEO Resources:
- Why Does Google Modify My Title Tags?
- SEO Automation: Page Title Wins and Canonical Conundrums
- When Google Thinks Your Title Tags Suck
Get a slice of competitive term clicks, without #1 ranking
When most websites focus on a key high volume high CPC term, they focus on a homepage or key landing page getting to position 1 in Google.
Many websites forget to leverage universal search to target that same term. Universal search are results where Google blends search verticals such as video, images, and local results.
Are you taking advantage of universal search to rank for your key terms
- Use gliffy or other cool tools to create visualizations for your blog posts and optimize the alt text and caption. If you already have charts and visualizations on your site, optimize those for Google image results.
- Research the 10 biggest informational queries (or commercial queries that also may have an informational intent) in your niche and create informational videos about them.
- If you’re an ecommerce site, test creating video buyers guides for your top categories and top products and optimize them for video search.
- If you target a location, optimize your Google Local listing by adding more than one image or your space – users may see them when they hover over local results on desktop. Don’t lean on just Google Maps and Google Maps Street View to represent your business!
Free Branded SEO Resources:
Boost Assisted Conversion By Customizing Your Branded Results
Customizing your branded search results makes the journey easier for visitors returning to your site and visitors finding you through TV buys or elsewhere.
Here are some tips
- Customize your knowledge box if you have one. You can customize your logo, corporate contacts, social profiles and more – here is a guide from Google
- Don’t have a knowledge box, no problem! You can use rel=”publisher” to get a box for your search results. Here is a handy guide for implementation
- Customize your sitelinks – Sitelinks are the links pointing to categories in your site when a visitor searches for branded results. Although Google takes a guess at what may be valuable to your visitors, you can demote sitelinks if you see sitelinks that you do not want included. Here is how.
Free Conversion Resources: The Secret To Natural Website Conversions
Any more quick tips for better rankings? Please share them in the comments.
The post 3 Easy Things You Can Tune & Test That Can Help You Rank Better appeared first on Internet Marketing Ninjas Blog.
from Internet Marketing Ninjas Blog http://www.internetmarketingninjas.com/blog/search-engine-optimization/3-easy-things-you-can-tune-test-that-can-help-you-rank-better/