Tuesday, December 8, 2015

I’m Kind of Fed Up and I’m Not Going to Take It Anymore

I’m Kind of Fed Up and I’m Not Going to Take It Anymore written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing

closed local business

I had a long conversation with a small business owner the other day and I came away pretty angry.

Now don’t get me wrong, I love small business owners and I certainly love helping them, but what made me angry was this guy was throwing in the towel.

And, it didn’t have to be this way.

In fact, he had a great service, but he could never muster the time, energy, resources and confidence to price his services effectively and so, eventually he simply ran out of steam while serving his clients.

He worked ridiculous hours and told me every time he felt like he was making headway something would fall apart and he would be forced to shrink back and try to simply make ends meet.

At some point taking a job became more appealing than building a business.

To me, this is just a crime – yes, I’m fed up hearing and seeing stories like this and I’m not going to take it anymore.

This guy loved what he did and was so good at it that he could charge just about whatever he wanted and still have a full practice.

So, what went wrong.

I don’t really know for sure, but I can tell you from experience that it’s likely he had no game plan, no vision, no system – and perhaps, more importantly, no one to challenge his thinking and hold him accountable.

Now, before you start to wonder what I’m selling today, don’t. I’m not selling anything but an idea.

I think it’s borderline unfair what some business owners endure in the name of growing a business and I simply want to continue to do something about it.

I’ve built a marketing system and successfully installed it in countless businesses, but I know there’s got to be more I can do and I’m going to do it. Owning a business should be the most gratifying and freeing choice one can make and I’m on a mission to crack the code to make it so, but I need some help.

Let’s put an end to failed business.

If you feel like you’re not making the progress you think you should, if you feel like something is missing in your business, if you feel like working for someone else is starting to sound pretty good, if you feel like you have no idea what to do next to grow your business – I want to hear from you.

I want to hear what

  • Your greatest constraint in business is
  • Your greatest threat and fear
  • Your greatest challenge
  • Your greatest need and
  • Your greatest joy

I want to know

  • What you would do if you knew marketing was handled
  • What you would do if you had the confidence to charge a premium
  • What would change in your business if you knew exactly what to do next
  • What value that would ultimately bring to business and your life

And finally … I want to know what you’re going to do to make 2016 your greatest year in business?

Take fifteen minutes right now and share your thoughts and share this post with every small business owner you know. I promise you’ll be glad you did.  (Feel free to send me an email at john [at] ducttapemarketing.com)



from Duct Tape Marketing » Blog http://www.ducttapemarketing.com/blog/your-feedback/
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment