Keyword research has long been the primary tool for search engine optimization plans. The idea was that you found out what people in your industry were searching for and you optimized your site and pages to try to show up on page one – pretty simple.
Today, I believe that content is the primary tool for optimizing your effectiveness is just about every channel your clients use – it’s the key to SEO, social media sharing, referrals, email marketing and even online and offline advertising.
Without great content, you’re limited in your marketing in many, many ways.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Brian Dean, internationally renowned marketing and SEO expert and founder of Backlinko. We discuss the relationship between marketing and SEO, keyword research, and the impact of backlinks on your keyword rankings.
Questions I ask Brian:
- How can you use keyword research beyond SEO?
- How do you reach out to publishers for backlinks without being ignored?
- How do you earn someone’s email?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to hack the Google keyword planner to find keywords your competitors can’t find
- Tips and tricks for picking the correct keyword on which to bid
- How to leverage a content upgrade to improve your conversion rates.
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by FreshBooks, small business accounting software for non-accountants. Freshbooks is offering a free month of unrestricted access just for Duct Tape Marketing podcast listeners. You don’t even need a credit card to register. To get your free month, go to freshbooks.com/ducttape and enter DuctTape in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
from Blog – Duct Tape Marketing http://www.ducttapemarketing.com/blog/marketing-seo/